A new report, "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 101: Internal Audit's Invaluable Role in Creating a Sense of Belonging at Work," from the Internal Audit Foundation and Deloitte, explains why it's essential for internal audit to be more involved in the organization's ESG efforts, and helps you get started today with tangible action items to add value and improve outcomes of DEI initiatives.
The top five takeaways:
- Definitions of key terms like diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression are provided to help navigate confusing and often misused terminology.
- Internal audit's opportunity and obligation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture starts within its own function.
- Establishing metrics and monitoring the DEI program are critical actions to ensure the program is meeting strategic objectives.
- Organizations need new ways to identify and manage DEI risks and examine business processes to expose strengths and deficiencies.
- Take the first steps on how to address DEI efforts as an assurance provider, trusted advisor, or agent of change.
Download the report here