In this publication KPMG outlines five key challenges that internal auditors are currently facing, which should be addressed to achieve enhanced value from internal audit:
- Increased complexity and volatility in the risk and compliance landscape
- Stakeholder requirements to provide insights into emerging risks
- Expectations to go beyond preserving value to creating value
- Requirement to fill the technology gap
- Creating a multi-disciplinary team that is up for the task
Based on KPMG's cross-sector experience, they have identified three main areas internal audit can focus on to address the above-mentioned challenges as a prerequisite for sustainable enhanced value from internal audit. These three areas are discussed in detail in the publication, which can be downloaded in PDF below.
(Foto: Franck V./Unsplash)