The world has come a long way since the corporate accounting scandals of the 1990s, which shook Wall Street to its core, and set in motion a series of events that led to the creation of GRC as a critical corporate discipline. Today, more than a decade later, organizations are making significant progress on their GRC Journeys.
However, 2015’s Volkswagen emissions scandal, the FIFA corruption crisis, global terrorist attacks, and crippling natural disasters remind us that there is still much work to be done in ensuring that our organizations and governments are better governed, more transparent and credible, and more risk intelligent.
On that note, here are MetricStream’s GRC landscape predictions for 2016:
- Be Prepared for the “Perfect Storm” of GRC Challenges
- GRC Will Be Less about Compliance and More about Business Performance
- Big Data Will Be an Achilles Heel or a Trump Card for Organizations, Depending on How It Is Managed
- Mid-Sized Organizations Will Take their GRC Programs to the Next Level
- Companies across Industries Will Continue to Invest in Robust GRC Technology
- GRC Technologies Will Incorporate Mobile, Big Data, and Social Strategies to Provide Maximum Value
Read all the GRC Trends and Predictions and download the GRC Checklist for 2016