|IIA global is organizing together with Deloitte US the webinar “Auditing Sustainability Initiatives: Is Your Audit Plan Comprehensive Enough to Meet Today’s Needs?” on August 19th . See details below. |
IIA Webinar: Auditing Sustainability Initiatives
Thursday, August 19, 2010 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET)
Is Your Audit Plan Comprehensive Enough to Meet Today’s Needs?
US $75 Member / US $105 Nonmember
2 NASBA CPE (Live event only)
· Eric Hespenheide, Global Leader of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu member firms’ Sustainability & Climate Change group within Audit and Enterprise Risk Services
· Mike Wallace, Director of Sustainability Reporting Framework for The Global Reporting Institute (GRI)
· Vincent Moolenaar, Senior Vice President of Internal Audit at Royal Ahold NV.
Participants will gain an understanding of the role Internal Audit plays in evaluating an organization’s environmental and social sustainability efforts and related KPIs. We will highlight the sustainability standards and frameworks used, as well as discuss practical examples of companies that are taking a proactive approach to verifying and monitoring sustainability KPIs. This is an excellent opportunity to help your organization focus on these important initiatives as they become a business imperative for virtually every company.
How you will benefit:
· Gain insight regarding sustainability-related standards and frameworks, in particular Global Reporting Initiative’s G3 Guidelines.
· Understand key sustainability risks and why it’s important to consider them when conducting risk assessments and planning audits.
· Generate ideas on the most pressing sustainability issues organizations are facing and potential ways Internal Audit can assist in evaluating an organization’s response to these issues.
· Hear how others have learned the importance of developing a roadmap to providing management assurance on their strategic sustainability efforts.
Register at the IIA global site.
Any inquiries can be addressed to Anna Nefedova, Jessica Bramhall or John DeRose.