|A new publication from Deloitte contains abundant actions to consider, questions to ask, and tools to employ for boards seeking to embed risk-centric governance within the organizations they oversee. |
This new publication, Risk Intelligent Governance: A Practical Guide for Boards (PDF), asserts that achieving risk-centric governance requires the integration of risk management considerations into each and every business decision and pursuit. More specifically, the guide recommends that directors address six key focus areas to embed risk-based governance within the organization:
- Defining the board’s risk oversight role.
- Fostering a risk-intelligent culture.
- Helping management incorporate risk intelligence into business strategy.
- Helping define the organization’s risk appetite.
- Executing the risk-intelligent governance process.
- Benchmarking and evaluating this governance process.
Download the report.