Pearson VUE, the third-party Certification Candidate Management System (CCMS) vendor, informed IIA Global last week of an incident resulting in unauthorized access to certain personal information of CCMS customers. The CCMS was taken offline while Pearson VUE investigated the incident.
Pearson VUE announced late Tuesday that the CCMS system was partially restored, and The IIA now is enabling access to its CCMS customers. No IIA-managed systems or databases were compromised in this incident.
Currently, the system will allow you to report CPE's ONLY.
Please refer to the FAQs on The IIA’s website at www.theiia.org/ccms-outage for more details related to the current limitations of the CCMS system.
In order to further enhance the security of the system, all users will be automatically prompted to change their passwords the next time they log into the system. In order to change your password, you will need to follow the steps outlined below:
- From the login page of CCMS click on the link that is labeled 'Forgot Your Password'.
- On the following screen enter your last name and email address that is contained in your CCMS record and click the 'submit' button.
- If a match is found between your last name and email address in the database you will receive a confirmation message that directs you to check your email for further instructions.
- Follow the steps listed in the email to reset your password.
- If a match IS NOT found between your last name and email address you will receive an error message that indicates a match was not found. Double check you last name and email address combination and try again.
- If you are still unable to determine the correct last name/email combination you will need to contact our Customer Relations team for assistance. You can reach Customer Relations by calling +1-407-937-1111 (long distance for international callers) weekdays from 08:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST (--> 14:00 to 23:00 Dutch time).
The IIA will post updates on The IIA’s website at www.theiia.org/ccms-outage as new information is made available to us. Pearson VUE also has set up a toll-free number for the U.S. and Canada, (855) 270-9182, and +1-512-201-2203 for international callers to address concerns or questions.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We emphasize that The IIA is fully committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions related to the status of your IIA certifications or membership, please contact Customer Relations (see above) or send an email to email@example.com.
Richard F. Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA
IIA President and Chief Executive Officer
Stanley A. Rubins
IIA Privacy Officer