ECIIA and FERMA will organize a live webinar on 5 December: "GDPR: The role of Internal Audit and Risk Management after 1 year implementation".
The webinar will discuss the full results and recommendations of a joint project between FERMA and ECIIA, to assess how the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) impacted our professions, one year after its enforcement.
- High level of cooperation between the DPO, the risk management and internal audit functions
- 76% of risk managers integrate data protection in their global risk mapping
- Governance is (or will be) the most audited element of GDPR (56%)
- 89% of respondents say that the DPO function has been internalised and mainly assigned to an existing function, most of the time under legal/compliance
3 reasons to attend this webinar
It will help you to know:
- To which extent the internal auditor and the risk manager are involved in the GDPR implementation
- How GDPR has affected the interactions between risk management, internal audit and Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- What are the best practices and recommendations to embed personal data protection in risk and audit governance of your oganisation
For the first anniversary of GDPR, a survey was sent in May to internal auditors and risk managers, it gathered 346 answers. Interviews have been conducted during the summer.
More information can be found at the website of Ferma.