Are you involved in, or responsible for, establishing and/or improving the quality of the Internal Audit function in your organization? Would you, as an auditor or service provider in the Internal Audit area, or from a different perspective, like to learn more about or gain experience with Quality Assessment Reviews? Or do you, as a CAE, audit director, manager or Board / Audit Committee member, need to learn how the performance of the Internal Audit Function can be evaluated and improved?
This training focuses mainly on helping the participants to better enable their Internal Audit function to comply with Standard 1300, with an emphasis on realizing the advantages of an effective Quality Assurance and Improvement Program while back in their own department.
The 2-day course – EQA Certification course - December 11 and 12, 2023
The first day concentrates at what you need to do to become a qualified EQA assessor, learning how to judge “fully conforms” with IIA standards to “does not conform” with IIA standards.
We use a detailed case study and exercises to look at some areas in detail and alongside this you will receive an IIA global assessor pack. It will enable you do carry out EQAs as an assessor but would give the deepest knowledge if you are preparing for an EQA (because you will have the same training as the assessor!)
- Applying the International Professional Practices Framework and the International Standards for the Professional Practice for the execution of Internal Audit applications to a Quality Assessment Case study
- The process aimed at performing a periodic Internal or External Quality Assessment on the Internal Audit activities
- The Quality Assesment tools and techniques
- The recommended external Quality Assessment approaches
- This allows you to acquire the "Internal Assessor / Validator Qualification" certificate (the entire training must be attended and the Case Study must be completed at a sufficient level).
December 11 and 12, 2023
09.00 unitill 17.00
Price members / non-members
€ 1.150,- / € 1.300,-
Number of participants
Minimum 5 and maximum 15 participants
James C. Paterson is a finance professional who then became the Chief Audit Executive for AstraZeneca PLC. He has been consulting and training since 2010 and delivers workshops for 12 IIA institutes across Europe, including Belgium. Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. James has also presented at several 3 IIA International conferences on a range of topics. He is the author of the book “Lean Auditing” which is about new ways of auditing to drive efficiency and effectiveness and added value. His specialist areas of work include Assurance Mapping, Root cause analysis, Audit culture and influencing and political savvy for internal auditors.