Practical approaches to new ways of internal auditing (updated)
An opportunity to work with James Paterson and other colleagues to share good practice in internal audit looking at progressive ways of working to demonstrate value add, insight and agility and to be able to work on key issues. Newly up-dated to be a webinar. Delivered in sections to allow participants to keep working each day, but also gain valuable skills and CPE points.
Delivering Insights with impact: Root cause analysis
- The difference between immediate, contributing and root causes
- The power and short-comings of the 5 whys technique
- The 5 whys 2 legs technique – including prevention and detection questions
- A fault tree / logic tree for investigations – applying the pareto principle
- The compromise approach – fishbone
- Causal loop diagrams / Systems thinking
- Why a person is rarely a root cause – Human error and just culture
- How root cause analysis will help shorten audit reports
- How root cause analysis can often speed up assignment delivery
- Using root cause analysis to do better thematic analysis of findings and address repeat issues
"James had lots of really interesting and useful examples. Really good intro into this topic and great tools, ideas and examples to take away. I really enjoyed it and want to learn more."
Comments about James Paterson from several of his courses
- Very informative – many thanks.
- James has lots of really interesting and useful examples.
- Really good overview and great tools, ideas and examples to take away. I really enjoyed it and want to learn more.
- James was fantastic. I would certainly recommend courses by him to other colleagues.
- James has a very engaging delivery method.
- James has a very good delivery style and keeps you engaged on the topic being presented. He is also very good at relating to individuals and getting points of understanding.
- Good pace and discussion.
- The delivery was really excellent.
29 September 2021
09.00 to 17.00
Corona measures - entry
The safety of the participants is paramount. We follow the protocol for the safe organization of events in the context of the coronavirus, drawn up by industry and trade associations. Measures have been taken at the location in terms of hygiene, catering and all guests offer a hygiene toolkit.
We use proof of vaccination and/or proof of recovery (CoronaCheck app). If you cannot show this, the IIA offers you a corona rapid test. If this is positive, you will unfortunately not be able to participate in the training.
Price members / regular
€ 695,- / € 795,-
Intermediate Level - Experienced Level