Vacancies Reporting and Accounting Officers EIB
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Financial Control Directorate (FC) – Financial Reporting and Accounting Department (FRA), at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Reporting and Accounting Officers
This is a campaign for several full time positions at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Reporting and Accounting Officer evaluates the introduction of new accounting regulations (EUGAAP and IFRS) in order to formulate recommendations on their impact on the accounting policies and financial statements within the EIB Group and Third Party Mandates. S/he carries out the analytical review of sections of accounting and financial reports in order to detect any anomaly/inaccuracy.
The Reporting and Accounting Officers will work within the Financial Control Directorate (FC) – Financial Reporting and Accounting Department (FRA) – Financial Reporting Division or Third Party Accounting and Administrative Expenses Division in autonomy, but as well in close co-operation with the entire Department and other services inside and outside the EIB Group.
Specific Post Environment
The role operates within the Financial Control Directorate, and is mainly responsible for publishing, internally and externally, the accounts, the consolidation of the EIB Group accounts under EU accounting directives and IFRS and the financial control function. The Financial Control Directorate is also responsible for the accounts of a number of third party special vehicles.
As this is a campaign for several reporting and accounting officers, some of the profiles will be more specialized and require in depth knowledge and experience such as:
- Complex and structured lending products accounting;
- IFRS and particularly IFRS 9;
- Valuation of financial instruments with a strong financial quantitative background;
- Administrative expenses accounting.
- Responsible for executing accounting and control processes in order to ensure the accurate and timely production of the financial statements and other financial reports in compliance with the relevant EU directives and the International Accounting Standards;
- Contribute to the communication of accounting related strategies, policies and procedures throughout the organisation;
- In-depth follow up of latest developments in IFRS and European Directives on accounting standards relevant to the EIB and third party accounts, as well as more generally stay abreast of best practice in the accounting and financial regulatory area;
- Maintain external and internal relations relating to financial accounting.
- University degree in accounting, finance or related fields;
- An internationally recognized professional accounting or finance analyst qualification;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in accounting, finance and related areas in the banking sector and/or with a major audit firm;
- Very good knowledge of IFRS and of European Directives on accounting;
- Understanding of the relationship between financial risk hedging, ALM policies and financial statements;
- Knowledge of software applications such as Peoplesoft GL, PSFT Financials PTP Procure to Pay, Wall Street Suite, Business Objects;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, and ideally VBA;
- Very good knowledge of the standard Office tools;
- Fluent in English and/or French (*) and very good knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 104372
Deadline for applications: 31st July 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
(NB. Applicants, please note that you will receive an email acknowledgement confirming reception of your application, once duly submitted)Terug naar het vacatureoverzicht.