Vacature Senior Auditor MUFG Bank Europe
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Senior Auditor to join MUFG Bank Europe’s Internal Audit team, based in Amsterdam.
MUFG Bank Europe
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 1,800 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. With total assets on the group’s balance sheet of USD 2.8 trillion, MUFG is the fifth’ largest bank in the world.
The MUFG Bank (Europe) (MBE) subsidiary is a growing network of continental European branches. Headquartered in Amsterdam, MBE currently has presence in eight European countries, with total assets on the consolidated balance sheet of over EUR 24 billion. MBE operates in close collaboration with the MUFG EMEA headquarters based in London and the MUFG global head office in Tokyo.
Internal Audit operates as the bank’s third line of defence, and in accordance with the global institute of Internal Auditors International standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the board and executive management of MBE on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the bank’s objectives.
Internal Audit independently evaluates whether the quality of the bank’s internal control framework is both effective and efficient via unrestricted access to relevant documents and information in all operational and control units. The team evaluates compliance of all activities and units of the European subsidiary with its policies and procedures while also\assessing whether existing policies and procedures remain adequate and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit does not assume any other responsibility for any other function.
Purpose of the role
Senior Auditors are responsible for the execution of internal audit engagements within the audit team. Delivery and execution of all engagements adhere to audit methodology and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within an audit file. The audits form part of a risk-based audit plan, providing independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control and risk management systems, advising senior management and contributing to a sound control environment.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Provide independent assurance to management regarding the risks related to the bank’s activities in line with the agreed business objectives, in accordance with relevant internal and external requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Autonomously work on components of audit assignments, under the direct oversight of the audit manager. Produce accurate and complete audit working papers with minimum need for rework, applying the relevant components of the applicable audit methodology and in accordance with international Internal Audit standards.
- Support with occasional ad-hoc requests from management or the Chief Auditor.
- Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office; however occasional European travel will be required.
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
Skills and experience:
- Two to five years of practical experience in the financial service industry preferred. An up-to-date understanding of the industry, regulatory changes, pertinent economic and political factors which may impact the bank’s business and overall aims.
- Comprehensive understanding of the bank’s strategy and goals, structures, policies and culture.
- Experience in internal control, risk management and / or internal audit processes.
- Completed or on track to obtain a professional qualification in audit (e.g. RO / CIA / CA / ACCA).
- Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. An understanding of the Japanese and Dutch language and cultures across continental Europe is preferred.
- Drive for results
- Collaborate and build partnerships
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Balance risk with opportunity
- Deliver extraordinary customer experience
- Demonstrate global perspective
Are you excited about this opportunity?
Please send your CV with a short motivation to Danielle Spierings: firstname.lastname@example.org