Vacature Senior IT Auditor AkzoNobel
Bring your proven business process understanding and IT skills to a global IT audit function
AkzoNobel is a Dutch multinational that offers a dynamic and stimulating international environment for an experienced (internal) IT auditor with many opportunities to further develop your career within our business. Are you enthusiastic and ambitious with the communication skills that enable you to work closely with management? This is your chance to discover every level of our organization and make a real difference.
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals. Calling on centuries of expertise, we supply industries and consumers worldwide with innovative products and sustainable technologies designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 48,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Flexa, Sikkens, International and Eka. Consistently ranked as one of the leaders in the area of sustainability, we are committed to making life more liveable and our cities more human.
Our Internal Audit (IA) Function employs around 50 auditors across 4 office locations worldwide. Within this structure, we operate an Internal IT Audit department of 13 people from our offices in Arnhem, the Netherlands. This department is responsible for performing IT audits activities globally. These activities range from reviews of IT General Controls, QA reviews on projects and business process reviews (application controls, SoD assessments and data analytics).
To assist this process, we currently seek an expert and experienced
Senior Internal Auditor - IT
This is a demanding role for a skilled professional able to support the Internal Audit’s overall role while leading small teams of IT auditors.
This involves providing assurance to auditees across our business units worldwide that their systems of internal controls are adequately designed and operating effectively.
The Audit function also identifies, and recommends on, opportunities for improving the existing systems of internal controls, endorses best practice solutions, and develops and prepares (financial and information management) staff for future management roles.
You will be working for a multinational and multicultural organization that is committed to your personal and professional development.
Principal objectives and accountabilities
As Senior Internal IT Auditor, you plan and perform complicated IT audits under supervision. You also plan and perform less complicated IT audits under remote supervision and act as the coordinating lead auditor for assigned audits.
You prepare (combined) audit reports and take responsibility for quality compliant IT audit files.
40-45% of your time will be spent outside the office and will include international travel and weekends. Our audit engagement are typically planned for maximum of two weeks on site and are scheduled well in advance.
You report to the Internal Audit Manager, IT Arnhem office.
To apply for this position you should meet the following requirements:
- You have a university degree, preferably in Business or Computer Science, as well as an advanced degree of professional certification such as RE, CISA, CIA or RO;
- A minimum of four years experience in public accounting and/or in a large internal audit function;
- You also have experience of IT systems analysis and integrated audits. Candidates with SAP (and application control, authorizations and security) knowledge are strongly prefererred;
- You have proven knowledge of operating, network and enterprise systems, along with the ability to evaluate the technical aspects, requirements and control of information systems;
- You possess the ability to work independently and with limited supervision. You are also organized, sensitive to deadlines and budget restraints, and able to distinguish between the essential and non-essential;
- You are able to recognize situations that warrant attention and develop practical solutions.
- You must be fluent in English. Candidates who can also speak additional languages, especially Mandarin or any (West-)European language, are preferred;
- You can participate in team or project activities and bring to them dialogue, facilitation, feedback, clarification, meeting skills and related communication techniques. Good report writing skills are important.
For further information, please contact Ariane Kräutner, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88-010 6789, option 2. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 160008WH or apply here.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciatedTerug naar het vacatureoverzicht.