|The IIA hosted an invitation-only Chief Audit Executive (CAE) roundtable during the 2010 General Audit Management Conference in Orlando, Fla., to explore themes addressing the current and future challenges and opportunities for internal auditors. |
Click here to read of the roundtable’s key discussions, a Knowledge Alert published by the Audit Executive Center, A Glimpse Ahead: CAE’s Look Beyond the Recession. Attendees, which included 25 Fortune 250 CAE’s, discussed topics related to the impact of the recession on internal auditing and forward-focused topics such as:
· What are today’s key staffing issues, and what are CAE’ s doing to address them?
· What are CAE’s doing or planning on doing related to anticipated new strategic business initiatives by their organization?
· How are CAE’s dealing with the new proxy disclosure requirements of the U.S. Securities and Exchange commission?
· What automated audit techniques are CAE’s exploring and adopting, and what tangible benefits are accruing?
· What do CAE’s see as the biggest potential issues for internal auditing beyond 2010?